Friday 29 June 2012

To Crochet or not to Crochet?

Hi there, hope everyone has had a great week so far. Mine hasn't been brilliant (chicken pox has put pay to our Saturday at a Beach Hut), hence the lack of a blog post post but i'm back to remedy that right now.

At the weekend I went with a friend to visit the wooly/yarn dwelling sites of old London Town! It was exhausting (i'm out of practice with London) but we saw some truly beautiful yarns and items made with said yarns. The friend I went with has a blog of her own and here you can see some lovely pics of our trip and a little more about it   http://stitchesstewsandstylishhues.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/and-all-i-see-are-jewels.html

On our travels we landed at Loop in Islington. A gorgeous shop filled with beautiful hand dyed wonders and more inspiration that two girls could handle! It was whilst browsing through the made up creations that are dotted around in the shop that I stumbled upon my blog title question. I have never really had a interest in crochet, I'm not keen on the way it looks, or I hadn't been!.....

Until I saw these.....

This shawl is by Sophie Digard who sells her work at Loop. The crochet is so finely worked that it looks much more detailed and elegant than the crochet that I usually turn my nose up at.

So back to my question, I have some beautiful lightweight yarns here to use up and my mission is to find some block patterns that I can make to convert me to crochet. I am aware that this will be like running before I can walk but ho hum, that is my usual take on on things!

I'll be sharing my finds on this Pinterest board   http://pinterest.com/secretjo/to-crochet-or-not-to-crochet-that-is-the-question/
Feel free to take a look.
Comment here is you have any pointers or ideas yourself too.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment